I’ve tried these and I found that they don’t need quite as long in the Philips Air Fryer as the recipe suggested. Even when a bit over cooked, they are pretty nice… just a shame the basket is so small as you could make more!
75gm plain chocolate
1 large egg
1 sachet vanilla sugar or teaspoon vanilla essence
40gm self-raising flour
25gm chopped walnuts or hazelnuts (or if desperate, mixed chopped nuts!)
1. Line small low-sided cake pan (I used the pan that comes with the fryer) with baking parchment and grease the sides.
2. Melt chocolate and butter together slowly in thick based saucepan, or in short bursts in the microwave (don’t walk away, or you are sure to burn it!). Allow to return to room temperature.
3. Pre-heat your fryer to 180c
4. Beat the egg with vanilla and sugar with a pinch of salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the chocolate mix and fold in flour and nuts.
5. Place mix in cake pan and put in the fryer basket. Set time for 20 minutes (see above).
6. Remove from fryer and cool in pan before cutting into pieces.